1.18.2009

Theatre vs Theater

Again, no pictures!

The 1st show
For Christmas, we got my Mom tickets for Wicked. So last Sunday I chauffeured us into the city (yea me!), we had lunch and saw the 2 p.m. matinee. It was great! If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. I saw it several years ago when it first came to Chicago and it was as good the 2nd time as it was the 1st.

The 2nd show
December 28th was our 6th anniversary. Apparently I was good this year, because Jason surprised me with tickets for Dirty Dancing. Ryan stayed with John & Cathy and we went down early for our date. Neither of us bothered to make dinner reservations. Theatre district, Saturday night....you need reservations. We ended up eating at Catch Thirty-Five, at the bar. Never eat at the bar, people stare at you, "hey you, didn't care enough to make a reservation, huh?"
The show was good - dancing was phenominal, but I think it's best as a movie. If I didn't know the story line, I would have had trouble keeping up. Johnny was played by an Australian dancer who tried hard to disguise his accent. All in all, it was an ok show.

No comments: