8.17.2008

Weekend in Wisconsin Dells

Jason was in Minneapolis Wednesday and Thursday for work training. Ryan and I met him 1/2 way home on Friday in the Dells for a long weekend.

Typical Kim, I waited until the last minute to book a hotel room and we ended up staying at the Atlantis in a 'Mermaid Suite.' The decor was of course, Mermaids, and the room was complete with a large seashell headboard, jacuzzi tub and cheesey blue star lights above the tub and the bed. The pools were great for Ryan though - two were perfect height for him to be able to walk around along the wall.

I really intended to avoid the tourist-trap antique pictures, but when I saw that they had a 'vintage baseball' scene, I couldn't resist. The picture lady wanted us to be true vintage and show our serious faces, but Ryan gave such a great smile, that we couldn't resist choosing this pose.

We tried to get a good view of what used to be Lake Delton, but it was difficult. The main road to the Lake was washed away with the water and other access points have all been blocked with orange police tape. One of the locals told me that it's a $600 fine if you cross those lines. She also told me that they've definitely noticed a reduction in business compared to previous summers.

All in all, it was a nice weekend getaway.



No comments: