8.12.2008

Illinois State Fair

Ryan and I went to Springfield to visit my parents and to see the State Fair. For those of you 'north of 80', the Illinois State Fair is held in Springfield, which is also the capital of Illinois :)

My Dad won 1st place in the professional art exhibit and was one of several artists asked to showcase all of his work in the Artisian Building and to be present to speak with fair-goers. He'll be there all 10 days of the fair.

My Mom, Ryan and I saw many other things - Butter Cow, wine tasting, Ryan was fingerprinted (digitally), cows, horses, sheep, pigs. But mostly we ate.....cream puff. corn dogs, fries w/ vinegar, funnel cake, lemonade shakeup. Ryan ate a whole corn dog and loved the other stuff too!

I hadn't been to the fair since the last year I worked in the Dairy Building, so it was interesting to see what was still the same, and what was new.
























No comments: