10.31.2010

Potty Training 101

When we announced that we were having a baby, everyone had lots of advice for us.....
"Get your sleep now, you'll need it later." "College is expensive, better start saving."

But no one warned us about potty training! It is definitely the most frustrating task we've attempted as parents. So after 3 months of hard work, I think our efforts deserve an entry on the blog. Ryan has an occasional accident, but overall he's doing AWESOME....big boy underwear everyday and "Mom, I went potty!" is music to my ears.

I think 2 things contributed to his success: 1) Potty Training Boot Camp. Diapers today, gone tomorrow. Mr. Stubborn wouldn't have given them up without some encouragement from us. 2) The "Poop on the Potty Treat Basket". Ryan picked out all the prizes and each time he went poop on the potty, he got a prize. After awhile, he was trying to go poop 4-5 times a day. Several times, he called from the bathroom, "Mom, my poops are stuck!"

Thanks to everyone who gave us advice. We're now pros and can offer consulting services.

[Dear Ryan, I know someday you'll be upset that I posted these pics, but I couldn't resist. You're doing a great job, keep up the good work! Love, Mom]


2 comments:

Артём said...

И сколько он сидит на унитазе.

Unknown said...

https://fem78aex.cc/invite/i=80891