10.10.2009

Long time no blog!

Let's see, where did I leave off? Not sure what we've been doing, but apparently life has been busy 'cause it's been more than a month since our last update.

The last weekend in August, we met my parents in Bloomington on Friday night and Ryan went home with them. Jason and I went to Daddios (an ISU fav) to hear 'Maggie Speaks' (another ISU fav) to celebrate my friend Deanna's 29th b-day. (Dee, are you sure you're only 29?!) It was a good time - Jason's cousin Amy (Senior at ISU) went with us. I didn't feel as old as I thought I would hanging out at a college bar. Thanks Shannon for the pic!


On Saturday, Jason and I stopped at the Ford dealership in Lincoln. Jason's Escape was 8+ years old and we were looking for an upgrade. A wave of small town nostalgia must have hit me, because I agreed to let Jason buy a truck. We are now the proud owners of a 2008 F150. My parents were super surprised when we arrived at their house later with our new vehicle. Ryan now says that we gave Dad's car to Mr. Xamis and we got Dad's "twuck."

And if you have a truck, you have to have something to pull, right? Nothing yet, but we'd like to get a pop-up camper sometime soon.


Jason and Ryan were playing outside at my P's and Jason said that Ryan was trying to FLY. At first I was concerned, but when I saw the picture, I understood....

Kinda hard to see, but deer visit my parent's yard frequently now (I don't think they were always this brave). While we're there, Ryan always expects to see a "deewr" in the yard.

No comments: