11.30.2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

We had a very busy Thanksgiving! My family came from near and far to visit - my Mom and Dad arrived Wednesday evening from Springfield and my brother and Tonya arrived later that night from Michigan.

On Thanksgiving I made my very first turkey in preparation for hosting many members of Jason's family for dinner. Turkey wasn't pretty (how does Butterball make them look so nice?), but I think it tasted ok. We had 28 people for dinner, and a few others for dessert and dinner later on, so we used every available space for seating. We even used the loft. Certainly a good reason to get our basement finished so that we can host again. I was thankful for Uncle Jerry who carved the turkies, (2 of 'em), the Aunts who helped with dishes, and everyone who brought food to share.

Chris and Tonya recently adopted a Golden Retriever - Diesel. He came along for the trip. Ryan, Annie and Diesel all got along very well. Tonya's Mom Rhoda came up Friday and they went to the outlet mall for some shopping, then they all headed to Springfield for the rest of the weekend. No Black Friday shopping for me.

Ryan and I put up one of our Christmas trees today. When it was up and the lights were on, I said, "ooh, pretty." He repeated, but it came out "ewww, pretty"....like it was stinky or something.




















No comments: